Microneedling in Dayton, Ohio
What is microneedling ?
Microneedling is a cosmetic procedure that can help with skin conditions such as acne, dark spots on the skin, large pores, scars, sun damage and fine lines and wrinkles. It involves pricking the skin with tiny sterilized needles. The small wounds cause your body to make more collagen and elastin, which heal your skin and help you look younger.
What to expect during the procedure
The procedure usually takes 10-20 minutes, depending on how big the area is. Most people need 4-6 treatments to see a difference.
First, first we will apply a numbing cream to minimize any discomfort. We us a microneedling pen rolling tool with tiny needles around your face. The needles makes small cuts in your skin, which causes a bit of bleeding. After the procedure we will apply a serum to the skin. You will be given post care instructions and post care kit with products to use on your face.
Microneedling Pre-care instructions
Prior to your treatment
- No Retin-A products or applications 24 hours prior to your treatment.
- No auto-immune therapies or products 24 hours prior to your treatment.
- No prolonged sun exposure to the face 24 hours prior to your treatment. A Microneedling treatment will not be administered on sunburned skin.
- On the day of the treatment, please keep your face clean and do not apply makeup.
- If you are taking a blood thinner, aspirin or any other medication that you have the can make you bleed easily while on, please tell your physician. If you are under a physician’s care and need to discontinue your medication for a few days, always ask your physician prior to each Microneedling appointment.
- If you are planning to receive Botox, make sure that you give yourself at least 2 weeks post Botox injections before receiving your Micro needling procedure.
- If an active or extreme breakout occurs before treatment, please consult your practitioner. Wait 6 months following oral isotretinoin use.
After your treatment
- Immediately after your treatment, you will look as though you have a moderate to severe sunburn and your skin may feel warm and tighter than usual. You may also notice some slight swelling, both are normal and should subside after 1 to 2 hours and will normally diminish within the same day or 24 hours. You may see slight redness after 24 hours but only in minimal areas or spots.
- Use tepid water for the initial 24 hours to rinse the treated area. After 24 hours, use a gentle cleanser to cleanse the face for the following 72 hours and gently dry the treated skin. Always make sure that your hands are clean when touching the treated area. Use only a gentle cleanser and moisturizer for the first few days.
- It is recommended that makeup or sunscreen should not be applied for 24 hours after the procedure. Do not apply any makeup with a makeup brush, especially if it is not clean.
- After the initial 24 hours, apply a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with a minimum SPF 30 for two weeks. A chemical-free sunscreen is highly recommended.
What to Avoid
- For at least 3 days post treatment, do NOT use any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula) or anything perceived as ‘active’ skincare.
- Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 48 hours. No tanning beds.
- Do not go swimming for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
- No exercising or strenuous activity for the first 24 hours post-treatment. Sweating and gym environments must be avoided during the first 72 hours post-treatment.