Light Chemical Peels in Dayton, Ohio
What is a light chemical peel?
How is a light chemical peel performed?
What is the recovery time for a light chemical peel?
How long does a light chemical peel take?
What are the risks of light chemical peels?
How often should you do light chemical peels?
You can schedule light chemical peels every month for maintenance.
Light to Moderate Chemical Peel Aftercare
- After the chemical peel, your skin may be red and may itch. Try to avoid touching your face. This should subside within 2-3 days.
- Your skin may feel dry and sensitive. Moisturize your skin regularly with a gentle moisturizer. Use a gentle cleanser.
- Do not exfoliate, you have already exfoliated with the chemical peel.
- Do not use any retinoids for two weeks after your peel.
- If you go outside, you should apply sunscreen of at least 30 SPF.
- Do not expose your skin to excessive heat.
- The peeling may take anywhere from 7-10 days depending on the depth of the peel.
- You may apply a cool compress as needed.
- Do not engage in strenuous activity for 2-3 days after treatment.